Irish Forums Message Discussion :: The Kilnamona story

irelandIrish Forums :: The Irish Message Forums Irish Communityireland
Irish Forums :: The Irish Message
Forums About Ireland and the Irish Community, For the Irish home and Abroad. Forums include- Irish Music, Irish History, The Irish Diaspora, Irish Culture, Irish Sports, Astrology, Mystic, Irish Ancestry, Genealogy, Irish Travel, Irish Reunited and Craic

Irish News
Search Irish Websitesireland
Irish Forums Bookmark The Irish Community Forums

The Kilnamona story

Irish Movies    The Kilnamona story The Kilnamona story Information
Post New Irish Message Discussion In The Stories Of The Irish Diaspora    Reply To Irish Community Message About The Kilnamona story In The Stories Of The Irish Diaspora
Irish Forums :: The Irish Message Forums- The Stories Of The Irish Diaspora- The Kilnamona story
Irish Author The Kilnamona story The Stories Of The Irish Diaspora Irish Message
kilnamona

Irish Forums Member

The Stories Of The Irish Diaspora Discussion:     The Kilnamona story

My Father's Father came from Kilnamona in 1909. He was on the last Kilnamona Hurling team to win the club championship of Clare.
three weeks later he was in America. He was the oldest of 12 and was encouraged to move on to make room for the younger ones. He left home with 3 of his Brothers. My Grandfather and 1 brother came to America another one went to England and the other one went to Wales. They never got to see each other again. They did keep in touch with letters, and their children and grandchildren have met.
His Uncle got him a job in the Mills and he worked there till he died.

My Father's Mother came over twice. She didn't like it here and went back to Miltown Malbay. There were no opportunities for a young woman in Ireland, so back she came to America and made the best of it. She was a houskeeper in the local parish until she married my Grandfather.

They had 4 children, my Father being the youngest.

My Mother's Grandfather was from Tuam. He came over with his four Brothers and worked for the Lally Column co. until his death.
My Mother's Grandmother was from Galway but lived in England for a while, and emigrated to America from there.

They have all contributed to the love I have for Ireland.

Forum Message Irish Topic Alert

The Irish Community have posted
2 REPLIES TO THIS TOPIC
for logged in members to view.
Back to top  Login here and be redirected to this TopicLogin here and be redirected to this Topic RegisterRegister

Post New Irish Community Message In The Stories Of The Irish Diaspora    Reply To Irish Community Message About The Kilnamona story In The Stories Of The Irish Diaspora    Irish Forums :: The Irish Message Forums -> The Stories Of The Irish Diaspora
Page 1 of 1
If Seeking Information About The Kilnamona story, Try Searching Irish Websites

Related Irish Topics
Autumn of Love
Mother I Love You So Much
The Roots of Love
Love Songs Without Music
My Love Gave Me
The Kilnamona story
Username:
Password:

SearchSearch
FAQFAQ

Search For Irish Websites
general Irish Websites search for information about Ireland and the Irish
Irish Websites

Research Irish Ancestors
Specific Irish heritage search engine, search for your Irish family surname roots, find out if your family have a Irish clan organisation.
Irish Websites
Irish Weather
Ireland Weather
Weather in Ireland
Ireland Weather forecast