Irish Forums Message Discussion :: Charge Me In Irish

irelandIrish Forums :: The Irish Message Forums Irish Communityireland
Irish Forums :: The Irish Message
Forums About Ireland and the Irish Community, For the Irish home and Abroad. Forums include- Irish Music, Irish History, The Irish Diaspora, Irish Culture, Irish Sports, Astrology, Mystic, Irish Ancestry, Genealogy, Irish Travel, Irish Reunited and Craic

Search Irish Websitesireland
Irish Forums Bookmark The Irish Community Forums

Charge Me In Irish

Charge Me In Irish Charge Me In Irish Information
Post New Irish Message Discussion In Irish Language Forums    Reply To Irish Community Message About Charge Me In Irish In Irish Language Forums
Irish Forums :: The Irish Message Forums- Irish Language Forums- Charge Me In Irish
Irish Author Charge Me In Irish Irish Language Forums Irish Message
Irish News

Irish Language Forums Discussion:     Charge Me In Irish

Woman claims she was held for speaking Irish

RTE. A Belfast teacher has contested a charge of disorderly behaviour at Belfast Magistrates Court and claimed she was arrested by the PSNI because she was speaking Irish.

Máire Nic An Bhaird, 24, from Woodside Walk in Dunmurry was detained by the PSNI after an incident on Belfast's Malone Road in May.

This morning's hearing was adjourned after Defence Solicitor Michael Crawford requested that all the papers in the case should be in Irish. Mr Crawford argued that his client was a native Irish speaker and her whole environment was Irish.

The Resident Magistrate, Fiona Bagnall, adjourned the case until 6 September, giving the defence three weeks to make written submissions in support of the application to have the papers translated into Irish and giving the prosecution a further three weeks to respond.

A large group of Irish language activists, including Sinn Féin MEP Bairbre de Brún, staged a protest outside the court.

Forum Message Irish Topic Alert

The Irish Community have posted
2 REPLIES TO THIS TOPIC
for logged in members to view.
Back to top  Login here and be redirected to this TopicLogin here and be redirected to this Topic RegisterRegister

Post New Irish Community Message In Irish Language Forums    Reply To Irish Community Message About Charge Me In Irish In Irish Language Forums    Irish Forums :: The Irish Message Forums -> Irish Language Forums
Page 1 of 1
If Seeking Information About Charge Me In Irish, Try Searching Irish Websites

Related Irish Topics
Favorite Irish Movies, Best Irish Movies
Gaelscoileanna, Irish Schools must teach English
[ VOTE ] Greatest Irish Boxer of all time
Cork City FC make Irish soccer history
Roy Keane makes his return to the Irish team
Charge Me In Irish
Username:
Password:

SearchSearch
FAQFAQ

Search For Irish Websites
general Irish Websites search for information about Ireland and the Irish
Irish Websites

Research Irish Ancestors
Specific Irish heritage search engine, search for your Irish family surname roots, find out if your family have a Irish clan organisation.
Irish Websites
Irish Weather
Ireland Weather
Weather in Ireland
Ireland Weather forecast