Irish Forums Message Discussion :: A place called here

irelandIrish Forums :: The Irish Message Forums Irish Communityireland
Irish Forums :: The Irish Message
Forums About Ireland and the Irish Community, For the Irish home and Abroad. Forums include- Irish Music, Irish History, The Irish Diaspora, Irish Culture, Irish Sports, Astrology, Mystic, Irish Ancestry, Genealogy, Irish Travel, Irish Reunited and Craic

Irish News
Search Irish Websitesireland
Irish Forums Bookmark The Irish Community Forums

A place called here

A place called here A place called here Information
Post New Irish Message Discussion In Irish Books    Reply To Irish Community Message About A place called here In Irish Books
Irish Forums :: The Irish Message Forums- Irish Books- A place called here
Irish Author A place called here Irish Books Irish Message
Irish Book Reviews

Irish Books Discussion:     A place called here

A place called here by Cecilia Ahern

The best selling author ( PS I Love You and Where Rainbows end ) and daughter of Bertie Ahern
Irish Community ImagesIrish Community Images

Summary: Makes up for "If You Could See Me Now"
Comment: I got "P.S. I Love You" and "Where The Rainbows End" for Christmas, and they were really good books, and I really enjoyed them. Unfortunately, I just couldn't get into "If You Could See Me Now", and am disappointed that it's going to be made into a film. "P.S. I Love You" is currently filmed, but it won't be out until late 2007, or early 2008, so that's not good.

Despite the disappointment of "If You Could See Me Now", as soon as "A Place Called Here" came out, I grabbed it. And it was really, really good. It's about a girl called Sandy, who starts a missing persons agency, after the mysterious disappearance of her childhood enemy, Jenna May. She also is obsessive compulsive, and labels all her items incase they go missing. Much of her stuff does go missing, and she does tear the house apart trying to find them. So she turns it into a job. She hunts down many missing people - that is, until she goes missing herself.

She finds herself in a place called "Here", and promptly finds that people live her. People that she knows, people that have been there for years since they disappeared from the 'real' world. Many of them have moved on, got married, had kids, but still long to find their way back to their old lives. When Sandy finds herself here, with no way out, she immediately becomes the missing. And she also finds all her stuff that she thought was missing.

But then the twist appears - her stuff starts to go missing. Her watch, which she wears even though it is broken, because it has sentimental value, her diary. What's happening? Everyone around her is confused, cos surely in a place full of missing items and people, something cannot go missing.

The book is very fast paced, the chapters are short, and with every new chapter, something surprising is revealed. The ending is quite abrupt, and I don't think I quite wanted it to end, but end it did. It's not a patch on her first two books, but I still did enjoy it and would definitely read it again.

A place called here

Post New Irish Community Message In Irish Books    Reply To Irish Community Message About A place called here In Irish Books    Irish Forums :: The Irish Message Forums -> Irish Books
Page 1 of 1
If Seeking Information About A place called here, Try Searching Irish Websites

Related Irish Topics
Autumn of Love
Mother I Love You So Much
The Roots of Love
Love Songs Without Music
My Love Gave Me
A place called here
Username:
Password:

SearchSearch
FAQFAQ

Search For Irish Websites
general Irish Websites search for information about Ireland and the Irish
Irish Websites

Research Irish Ancestors
Specific Irish heritage search engine, search for your Irish family surname roots, find out if your family have a Irish clan organisation.
Irish Websites
Irish Weather
Ireland Weather
Weather in Ireland
Ireland Weather forecast