Irish Forums Message Discussion :: COLTS/BEARS

irelandIrish Forums :: The Irish Message Forums Irish Communityireland
Irish Forums :: The Irish Message
Forums About Ireland and the Irish Community, For the Irish home and Abroad. Forums include- Irish Music, Irish History, The Irish Diaspora, Irish Culture, Irish Sports, Astrology, Mystic, Irish Ancestry, Genealogy, Irish Travel, Irish Reunited and Craic

IRISH BARGAINS ONLINE
Search Irish Websitesireland
Irish Forums Bookmark The Irish Community Forums

COLTS/BEARS

COLTS/BEARS COLTS/BEARS Information
Post New Irish Message Discussion In Sceala Irish Craic Forum    Reply To Irish Community Message About COLTS/BEARS In Sceala Irish Craic Forum
Irish Forums :: The Irish Message Forums- Sceala Irish Craic Forum- COLTS/BEARS
Irish Author COLTS/BEARS Sceala Irish Craic Forum Irish Message
irishfamily

Sceala Irish Craic Forum Discussion:     COLTS/BEARS

Now, as it is all over - tis what it is.

OF COURSE, has been BEAR FEVER where I live, as the Bears summer training camp is in this area.

Had a Super Bowl party yesterday. It was Harry, Rob, Ashley, and meself. Then 2 of Harrys single cousins, Gene O'Connor & Gary Devine. My eldest lad, Shawn & his fiance' Kira & the 2 grandsons, Mason & Aiden.

Now I had it all set - even in our small house managed to have seating for us all near the big screen - tight but, we managed.

Menu:
Beer salami, cheese & crackers * cucumers, carrots & dip
tostidos & salsa * chips & dip, * doritos * pickles * shrimp & cocktail sauce * cheeseburgers/hamburgers * hotdogs * deviled eggs * chicken * chili * pizza * brownies * rice krispie treats * bananas * apples * green grapes * ice cream * large Bears decorated chocolate chip cookie * soda/coffee/Sunny D/Gatorade/juice * football shape & wrapped chocolates * peanut M&M's * Mini snickers * mixed nuts (besides all of us - LOL)

So, all were told - If ye walk away hungry - tis yer own fault.

Got 2 Bears NFC Championship pennants & Bears winter gloves & gave these away as door prizes. We did this after each quarter.

Now that's all the furniture & 8 adults & 2 little ones in a 14 x 15 space. What WAS I thinking! Well, as I and Rob are actually Green Bay Packer fans, we decided to just set up a little friendly rivalry and root for the Colts, as all others were for the Bears. So it was singing Da Da Da Da Da Da Daaaaa (theme from Bonanza) & GIDDY UP GO - YE HAW! every time the Colts made a good play. Course, they got their jabs in when Bears made the first touch down - No problem says I - there's A LOT of game left!

Course, as the Bears did their thing Shawn did a little jig and cracked us all up.

In the meantime, the grandsons were wrestling and being quite the entertainment. They played and something ended up hitting Gene (very quiet guy!) in the head. Later on he got hit with a pillow too. Poor guy, we teased him about where to sit the next time to be out of the line of fire-ha! then Mason spilled me pepsi all over me lap - looked like I - yep-you guessed it! Then Rob brought out the Packer cheese hat - passed that around just for laughs. Never a dull moment but, we had a lot of fun. I was on cleanup detail, so missed a lot of the third quarter but there was a load to clear away. Ended up sending food home with everyone and still plenty left over. Harry thought I was inviting the whole High School football team over! Ah well, I'd always rather have too much.

So, last 10 minutes Shawn was getting mad, we could all see it, so we toned it down on the Colts and he even left before the game was over. NOT a very good sport, I might say. Too bad. Next year for the Bears then-huh? We'll see.

Anyway, it was a good game and I always love watching the commercials, even if I did miss some of them. Did ye see the Doritos one where the guy is looking at the girl and crashes, then she walks toward him and falls & bangs her head? Too too funny.

Or the one about the mouse - cute!

The one where the guys all slap eachother or where the guy gets hit in the forehead.

I'm sure there was a Budweiser horse one but I didn't see it.

Anyway, himself is estatic - baseball season begins!

Anyway, got pictures to

Forum Message Irish Topic Alert

The Irish Community have posted
20 REPLIES TO THIS TOPIC
for logged in members to view.
Back to top  Login here and be redirected to this TopicLogin here and be redirected to this Topic RegisterRegister

Post New Irish Community Message In Sceala Irish Craic Forum    Reply To Irish Community Message About COLTS/BEARS In Sceala Irish Craic Forum    Irish Forums :: The Irish Message Forums -> Sceala Irish Craic Forum
Page 1 of 2
If Seeking Information About COLTS/BEARS, Try Searching Irish Websites

Related Irish Topics
Mr english potato head row
Irish Mr. Potato Head
Old Firm duo head Webster chase
Ireland head for Melbourne
Cold In My Head
COLTS/BEARS
Username:
Password:

SearchSearch
FAQFAQ

Search For Irish Websites
general Irish Websites search for information about Ireland and the Irish
Irish Websites

Research Irish Ancestors
Specific Irish heritage search engine, search for your Irish family surname roots, find out if your family have a Irish clan organisation.
Irish Websites
Irish Weather
Ireland Weather
Weather in Ireland
Ireland Weather forecast