Irish Forums Message Discussion :: Padraig Harrington wins Open

irelandIrish Forums :: The Irish Message Forums Irish Communityireland
Irish Forums :: The Irish Message
Forums About Ireland and the Irish Community, For the Irish home and Abroad. Forums include- Irish Music, Irish History, The Irish Diaspora, Irish Culture, Irish Sports, Astrology, Mystic, Irish Ancestry, Genealogy, Irish Travel, Irish Reunited and Craic

Search Irish Websitesireland
Irish Forums Bookmark The Irish Community Forums

Padraig Harrington wins Open

Padraig Harrington wins Open Padraig Harrington wins Open Information
Post New Irish Message Discussion In Irish Sports News    Reply To Irish Community Message About Padraig Harrington wins Open In Irish Sports News
Irish Forums :: The Irish Message Forums- Irish Sports News- Padraig Harrington wins Open
Irish Author Padraig Harrington wins Open Irish Sports News Irish Message
Irish Sports

Irish Sports News Discussion:     Padraig Harrington wins Open

Padraig Harrington has won the British Open Golf Championship. The President and the Taoiseach have sent their congratulations to Irish golfers success, the first by a European for eight years.
Padraig Harrington beat Spain's Sergio Garcia in a four-hole playoff at Carnoustie in Scotland to land his maiden victory in a major.
Padraig Harrington aged 35, completed the extra holes in 15 shots (level-par) after the two Ryder Cup colleagues had finished the championship locked together on seven-under 277 following an incident-packed day of high drama on the east coast of Scotland.
Garcia, who had led the championship from day one, returned a closing two-over 73 while Harrington had a four-under 67.
He becomes the first Irishman to win a major since Fred Daly won at Hoylake in 1947.
The Taoiseach said: 'This is an incredible personal achievement and I am delighted for him and his family as I know how close he has come to winning a Major on a number of previous occasions.
'I know of Padraig's dedication on the practice ground and single-minded determination to improve his golf.'
After his victory Harrington said: 'I have come a long way. When I turned pro I would have settled for becoming a journeyman.
'It's been great to be named as someone who could win a major but that brings its own pressure. To actually go and do it, well I don't know what to think.'

Post New Irish Community Message In Irish Sports News    Reply To Irish Community Message About Padraig Harrington wins Open In Irish Sports News    Irish Forums :: The Irish Message Forums -> Irish Sports News
Page 1 of 1
If Seeking Information About Padraig Harrington wins Open, Try Searching Irish Websites

Related Irish Topics
Favorite Irish Movies, Best Irish Movies
Gaelscoileanna, Irish Schools must teach English
[ VOTE ] Greatest Irish Boxer of all time
Cork City FC make Irish soccer history
Roy Keane makes his return to the Irish team
Padraig Harrington wins Open
Username:
Password:

SearchSearch
FAQFAQ

Search For Irish Websites
general Irish Websites search for information about Ireland and the Irish
Irish Websites

Research Irish Ancestors
Specific Irish heritage search engine, search for your Irish family surname roots, find out if your family have a Irish clan organisation.
Irish Websites
Irish Weather
Ireland Weather
Weather in Ireland
Ireland Weather forecast