Irish Forums Message Discussion :: Eamonn Holmes ate all the pies

irelandIrish Forums :: The Irish Message Forums Irish Communityireland
Irish Forums :: The Irish Message
Forums About Ireland and the Irish Community, For the Irish home and Abroad. Forums include- Irish Music, Irish History, The Irish Diaspora, Irish Culture, Irish Sports, Astrology, Mystic, Irish Ancestry, Genealogy, Irish Travel, Irish Reunited and Craic

Search Irish Websitesireland
Irish Forums Bookmark The Irish Community Forums

Eamonn Holmes ate all the pies

Eamonn Holmes ate all the pies Eamonn Holmes ate all the pies Information
Post New Irish Message Discussion In Sceala Irish Craic Forum    Reply To Irish Community Message About Eamonn Holmes ate all the pies In Sceala Irish Craic Forum
Irish Forums :: The Irish Message Forums- Sceala Irish Craic Forum- Eamonn Holmes ate all the pies
Irish Author Eamonn Holmes ate all the pies Sceala Irish Craic Forum Irish Message
Blackie

Sceala Philosopher

Sceala Irish Craic Forum Discussion:     Eamonn Holmes ate all the pies

The impressionist John Culshaw appeared as Holmes in The Impressions Show in a series of three comedy sketches in which he was portrayed as having an appetite so uncontrollable that he eats a sofa, flowers and even Frankie Dettori, using the catchphrase 'I was fierce hungry, so I was'. Even though Holmes had interviewed Culshaw and his co-star Debra Stephenson on This Morning to help promote the show, after the programme aired the presenter instructed his lawyers to send a letter of complaint to the BBC.
Fat Eamon Holmes is the new Wogan. British stage Irishman, paid in pies.

Irish Community Video

Irish Community Video

It is surprising wee fat Eamonn stopped eating long enough to call his lawyer.
The letter resulted in an apology from the BBC along with a withdrawal of any future comedy sketches featuring Holmes. Both the complaint itself and the outcome of Holmes's legal action drew generally unfavourable criticism from media observers and online commentators
Eamonn Holmes does not want you to ask who at all the pies.
Eamonn Holmes sends legal letter to BBC after comedy show makes jokes about his weight
Holmes, who presents This Morning and Sky News, ordered his lawyers to send a letter to the BBC after a series of sketches were performed about him by Jon Culshaw on The Impressions Show.
Using the catchphrase, "I was fierce hungry, so I was", three separate skits showed "Holmes" presenting his show after apparently eating a sofa, Frankie Dettori the jockey, and finally the gardens at the Chelsea Flower Show.
In the last sketch when asked where the flowers at the Chelsea Flower Show had gone "Holmes" said: "Oh the big salad that was there, yes. But blow me down if I couldn't eat the whole thing again."
Following the legal letter the BBC has apologised to Holmes, 60, and assured him that he will not be appearing as an object of fun in any further series of the show.
Holmes's spokesman said: "Eamonn has got the highest regard for Jon Culshaw but he felt that in this instance it was a joke that went too far. It was just playing to a stereotype."
The programme was aired in November 2009 and Holmes even interviewed Culshaw and his co-star Debra Stephenson on This Morning to promote the programme.
A BBC spokesperson, said: "We did make an apology but it wasn't intended as malicious in any way. It's come out of the blue really. I guess he didn't like it much.
"We have assured Eamonn that he won't be in the next series. He wasn't a central character and we had a raft of new characters to choose from. We fiercely guard the right to make a show that pokes fun at public figures and our aim was for the humour to be affectionate, celebrating the figures chosen."
Wait for the Diet and fitness video. Eamonn Holmes.

Forum Message Irish Topic Alert

The Irish Community have posted
2 REPLIES TO THIS TOPIC
for logged in members to view.
Back to top  Login here and be redirected to this TopicLogin here and be redirected to this Topic RegisterRegister

Post New Irish Community Message In Sceala Irish Craic Forum    Reply To Irish Community Message About Eamonn Holmes ate all the pies In Sceala Irish Craic Forum    Irish Forums :: The Irish Message Forums -> Sceala Irish Craic Forum
Page 1 of 1
If Seeking Information About Eamonn Holmes ate all the pies, Try Searching Irish Websites

Related Irish Topics
Ukraine the most corrupt nations in Europe extreme far right but no background checks!
If you are Irish with any concerns You are now FAR RIGHT
British war crimes in 1916- Irish rebels were right to fight
David Icke is not as daft as Wogan, was right about royals
Wilson happy to fill in on right
Eamonn Holmes ate all the pies
Username:
Password:

SearchSearch
FAQFAQ

Search For Irish Websites
general Irish Websites search for information about Ireland and the Irish
Irish Websites

Research Irish Ancestors
Specific Irish heritage search engine, search for your Irish family surname roots, find out if your family have a Irish clan organisation.
Irish Websites
Irish Weather
Ireland Weather
Weather in Ireland
Ireland Weather forecast