Irish Forums Message Discussion :: Cork people vote no to queen of england visiting cork

irelandIrish Forums :: The Irish Message Forums Irish Communityireland
Irish Forums :: The Irish Message
Forums About Ireland and the Irish Community, For the Irish home and Abroad. Forums include- Irish Music, Irish History, The Irish Diaspora, Irish Culture, Irish Sports, Astrology, Mystic, Irish Ancestry, Genealogy, Irish Travel, Irish Reunited and Craic

Irish News
Search Irish Websitesireland
Irish Forums Bookmark The Irish Community Forums

Cork people vote no to queen of england visiting cork

Irish Movies    Cork people vote no to queen of england visiting cork Cork people vote no to queen of england visiting cork Information
Post New Irish Message Discussion In Sceala Irish Craic Forum    Reply To Irish Community Message About Cork people vote no to queen of england visiting cork In Sceala Irish Craic Forum
Irish Forums :: The Irish Message Forums- Sceala Irish Craic Forum- Cork people vote no to queen of england visiting cork
Irish Author Cork people vote no to queen of england visiting cork Sceala Irish Craic Forum Irish Message
Sean

Sceala Clann Counsellor

Sceala Irish Craic Forum Discussion:     Cork people vote no to queen of england visiting cork

A phone poll of about 500 listeners to Cork’s 96FM earlier this week showed that two-thirds of those who voted on the issue oppose the visit.
I don't even know why the queen of england is coming to ireland, what is the point. it is only going to make us argue among each other, most do not want her here. because of the past. because she has never said sorry for anything.
i also agree that the tourist reason, the only reason we have heard in favor , is a very weak one. who has really ever watched the tv and after seeing a president or leader of any country visiting, decided i must now visit there. that is a very silly argument for the queen of england visiting ireland.
like brian whelan said, today in 2011 almost anyone anywhere can get any information on ireland they want and in fine detail. in 2011 too much information is more of a problem, confusing.
no matter what we think, the queen of england is coming to visit, like it or not.
Irish Community Images
we all expect the garda, ordered by the irish government to silence any protests against the queen of england visiting ireland. jimmy was saying that dublin council have banned all posters for the whole week of the the queen of england and president obama visits.
the only ones allowed on the streets will be those who have traveled purposely to cheer the queen of england. and those wheeled out to cheer. not really a democratic republic of ireland we live in.
what happens if they miss some protestor, or group, and the world tv sees a loud or violent protest. the irish government or the british press can't control what other nations show on their news.

i do not really care about her visit, she has never hurt me personally, but all my family and every one of my friends and their family do not like or respect the english royals. they are like most irish, we blame the english monarchy for the wars in ireland.
i do not agree with the visit because of the security costs for the queen of england. not when so many irish people are going without. again like brian asked, how can they justify spending millions protecting the rich queen of england, at the same time they are cutting back on special needs children in ireland. making special needs assistants redundant. that is so sick.
most irish think we are not listened too anymore by our own politicians.
i do not think most of us who are the younger generation of the irish - have any faith in ireland politicians anymore. there is a lot of apathy, but there is also a lot of anger. if that anger blows up, it will go to extremes i think. i hope not.
i know that the queen of england would not want to be visiting kerry without a lot of protection. she is not liked here to put it nicely.
looks like cork people are also not happy.
full story.
A phone poll of about 500 listeners to Cork’s 96FM earlier this week showed that two-thirds of those who voted on the issue oppose the visit.
Irish Community Images
Queen elizabeth of negland is expected to visit Cork on the last day of her official state visit to Ireland next month.
Preparations for the royal visit stepped up a gear yesterday as diplomats scouted several city locations, including the historic English Market.
A senior detective from Garda Headquarters in the Phoenix Park was among the "advance party".
While there was no official comment last night, the Department of Foreign Affairs is expected to confirm by Tuesday that Britain’s queen and her husband, the Duke of Edinburgh, will visit Leeside on May 20.
Their motorcade is expected to arrive in the city to allow them enter the English Market from the pedestrianised section of Prince’s Street.
The Lord Mayor will take them on a brief tour, showcasing the city’s food culture, before the couple depart for UCC’s Tyndall research centre.
The royal couple is then expected to depart through Cork Airport.
The invitation to visit Cork was extended by Lord Mayor Cllr Michael O’Connell last month.
Valerie O’Sullivan, the city council’s head of corporate affairs, said it will boost the city’s national and international profile.
"We are well used to state visits and will pull out all the stops. We are also very conscious that the UK is our biggest tourist market and we want to showcase the best of what the city has to offer," she said.

However, Sinn Féin said it will oppose the visit and stage protests.
"It will be a sad day for Cork if the visit happens," Cllr Mick Nugent said.
"The British monarchy is based on values of hierarchy, inequality and deference which have no place in a modern republic. I see no reason why this feudal relic should be invited to Cork, or feted at taxpayers’ expense."
the english market in cork? never heard of it. what do they sell? english slaves. is that why the cute corks have invited the queen of england, take her hostage.

Forum Message Irish Topic Alert

The Irish Community have posted
3 REPLIES TO THIS TOPIC
for logged in members to view.
Back to top  Login here and be redirected to this TopicLogin here and be redirected to this Topic RegisterRegister

Post New Irish Community Message In Sceala Irish Craic Forum    Reply To Irish Community Message About Cork people vote no to queen of england visiting cork In Sceala Irish Craic Forum    Irish Forums :: The Irish Message Forums -> Sceala Irish Craic Forum
Page 1 of 1
If Seeking Information About Cork people vote no to queen of england visiting cork, Try Searching Irish Websites

Related Irish Topics
When was British first used invented
SAAB owners Ireland new and used parts.
Enda kenny silence says it all about Fine Gael
Lt Col Ret'd Harvey Bicker joins Fine Fael
Irish Newspaper must pay fine for bad review
Cork people vote no to queen of england visiting cork
Username:
Password:

SearchSearch
FAQFAQ

Search For Irish Websites
general Irish Websites search for information about Ireland and the Irish
Irish Websites

Research Irish Ancestors
Specific Irish heritage search engine, search for your Irish family surname roots, find out if your family have a Irish clan organisation.
Irish Websites
Irish Weather
Ireland Weather
Weather in Ireland
Ireland Weather forecast