Irish Forums Message Discussion :: Joy Division Irish connections and U2

irelandIrish Forums :: The Irish Message Forums Irish Communityireland
Irish Forums :: The Irish Message
Forums About Ireland and the Irish Community, For the Irish home and Abroad. Forums include- Irish Music, Irish History, The Irish Diaspora, Irish Culture, Irish Sports, Astrology, Mystic, Irish Ancestry, Genealogy, Irish Travel, Irish Reunited and Craic

Irish News
Search Irish Websitesireland
Irish Forums Bookmark The Irish Community Forums

Joy Division Irish connections and U2

Joy Division Irish connections and U2 Joy Division Irish connections and U2 Information
Post New Irish Message Discussion In Sceala Irish Craic Forum    Reply To Irish Community Message About Joy Division Irish connections and U2 In Sceala Irish Craic Forum
Irish Forums :: The Irish Message Forums- Sceala Irish Craic Forum- Joy Division Irish connections and U2
Irish Author Joy Division Irish connections and U2 Sceala Irish Craic Forum Irish Message
Boyle Bru

Sceala Philosopher

Sceala Irish Craic Forum Discussion:     Joy Division Irish connections and U2

Apparently Bono told Joy Division that U2 would take their place as the band with the power.
U2 frontman Bono contacted UK band Joy Division after their singer died to tell them U2 would take their place.
Speaking to Phantom 105.2, the band's bassist Peter Hook said that after Ian Curtis died in 1980 the U2 frontman rang Factory Records boss Tony Wilson to tell him U2 would pick up where the Manchester legends left off.
Peter Hook says he couldn't believe that Bono made the call.
"I thought it was a story, but it was actually true, so Tony told me. In many ways, U2 nodded a lot to the influence of Joy Division," he said.

I Like U2, great band and sound, but they were never anything like Joy Division.
Joy Division who had lots of Irish connections and fans coming from - the most Irish city in England, Manchester?
I read that on here somewhere, it is not totally accurate, London is the most Irish city in terms of total numbers of Irish. London has over a million first and second generation full on Irish. Manchester is most Irish in % of population.
Joy Division before my time, would have been good to have seen them live. Unique sound.

Irish Community Video

Have seen New Order.
After the death of Ian Curtis, the remaining members reformed as New Order
New Order live, 'True Faith' FINSBURY PARK 2002

Irish Community Video

Forum Message Irish Topic Alert

The Irish Community have posted
2 REPLIES TO THIS TOPIC
for logged in members to view.
Back to top  Login here and be redirected to this TopicLogin here and be redirected to this Topic RegisterRegister

Post New Irish Community Message In Sceala Irish Craic Forum    Reply To Irish Community Message About Joy Division Irish connections and U2 In Sceala Irish Craic Forum    Irish Forums :: The Irish Message Forums -> Sceala Irish Craic Forum
Page 1 of 1
If Seeking Information About Joy Division Irish connections and U2, Try Searching Irish Websites

Related Irish Topics
Favorite Irish Movies, Best Irish Movies
Gaelscoileanna, Irish Schools must teach English
[ VOTE ] Greatest Irish Boxer of all time
Cork City FC make Irish soccer history
Roy Keane makes his return to the Irish team
Username:
Password:

SearchSearch
FAQFAQ

Search For Irish Websites
general Irish Websites search for information about Ireland and the Irish
Irish Websites

Research Irish Ancestors
Specific Irish heritage search engine, search for your Irish family surname roots, find out if your family have a Irish clan organisation.
Irish Websites
Irish Weather
Ireland Weather
Weather in Ireland
Ireland Weather forecast