Irish Forums Message Discussion :: Neil Lennon on Saturday Night with Miriam RTE 1

irelandIrish Forums :: The Irish Message Forums Irish Communityireland
Irish Forums :: The Irish Message
Forums About Ireland and the Irish Community, For the Irish home and Abroad. Forums include- Irish Music, Irish History, The Irish Diaspora, Irish Culture, Irish Sports, Astrology, Mystic, Irish Ancestry, Genealogy, Irish Travel, Irish Reunited and Craic

IRISH BARGAINS ONLINE
Search Irish Websitesireland
Irish Forums Bookmark The Irish Community Forums

Neil Lennon on Saturday Night with Miriam RTE 1

Irish Movies    Neil Lennon on Saturday Night with Miriam RTE 1 Neil Lennon on Saturday Night with Miriam RTE 1 Information
Post New Irish Message Discussion In Sceala Irish Craic Forum    Reply To Irish Community Message About Neil Lennon on Saturday Night with Miriam RTE 1 In Sceala Irish Craic Forum
Irish Forums :: The Irish Message Forums- Sceala Irish Craic Forum- Neil Lennon on Saturday Night with Miriam RTE 1
Irish Author Neil Lennon on Saturday Night with Miriam RTE 1 Sceala Irish Craic Forum Irish Message
Terniog2

Sceala Philosopher

Sceala Irish Craic Forum Discussion:     Neil Lennon on Saturday Night with Miriam RTE 1

Almost missed this, Neil Lennon interview on RTE. Only noticed it through STV report.
Celtic manager Neil Lennon joined Ireland's Queen of Chat Miriam this Saturday for his first major TV interview on Irish TV. Saturday Night with Miriam
Irish Community Images
Neill Lennon looks forward to taking Celtic to Dublin
Saturday Night with Miriam RTE Irish TV
The Hoops will play Inter Milan and an Irish league select side at the Aviva Stadium for the Dublin Super Cup.
Neil Lennon has spoken about a spiritual homecoming for Celtic when they visit Ireland for Super Cup at the end of July.
The Parkhead side will play Inter Milan and an Irish league select side at the Aviva Stadium in Dublin on the 30 and 31.
"It is something that we are very excited about," he said.
"The club is steeped in Irish roots and that has been lost a little bit in recent years, so it is great to bring the team back over here," he told Miriam O'Callaghan on her Miriam show, on Irish TV network RTE.
"With my own Irish connections I’m really looking forward to it – it should be a great tournament."

The Celtic manager said he hoped Scottish football reached a "tipping point" last season and praised the Scottish Government in their efforts to clamp down on sectarianism.
He went on to laugh about the time – when Lennon was only 15 - he was approached by Rangers.
"There was a scout at Motherwell and he wanted me to take me over there and then he went to Rangers," he said.
"Ranger took an interest in me – you couldn’t make it up.
"I went to Glasgow and had a look around the stadium, but they couldn’t sign me anyway as they had a non-catholic signing policy.
"To be honest it wouldn’t have gone down to well at home anyway, but I still have the letter form them, from 25 years ago."
Lennon praised the Celtic fans for putting a "protective arm" around him during the traumatic 2010-11 season in which he received death threats and was attacked on the park but a spectator at Tynecastle, in an SPL game versus Hearts.
Neil Lennon sent parcel bombs. Celtic FC fans targets of IED
Hearts fan attack on Neil lennon Hearts V Celtic
He went on to hail Martin O’Neill as the biggest influence on his career.
Irish Community Images
"Martin O’Neill took me to Celtic and we had three or four great years there.
"It was a great time to be a Celtic player – and to be around the club."
Lennon refused to repeat what Ally McCoist whispered into his ear at the infamous Old Firm Scottish Cup match in March 2011. But said he will reveal the detail of the exchange one day.

About the Show
Miriam
Saturday Night with Miriam - a reason to stay in on Saturdays
Miriam O'Callaghan returns for the seventh series of her hugely successful summer chat show. The programme will be broadcast live every Saturday night from 11th of June to the 13th of August, 2011.
The Show
Saturday Night with Miriam is now firmly established in the Irish television calendar, and Miriam O'Callaghan as one of the country's most respected interviewers. This year, the show will be a unique and lively mix of the latest in entertainment, show-biz, sports, current affairs, music and human interest and we promise a bigger, more stylish and more enjoyable run than ever.
Guests
Viewers can expect to see Miriam interview top Irish and international guests; her usual warmth, curiosity and incisiveness bringing out the very best they can offer. The series will also feature a diverse range of strong human interest stories, topical discussion and musical performances.
Time
Saturday Night with Miriam goes out in front of a live audience every Saturday night at 9.30pm on RTÉ One.

How the Irish news papers see the interview
herald.ie
Scoop for Miriam as Celtic boss Lennon to tell all on death threats
Celtic manager Neil Lennon will reveal all about his toughest season to date to Miriam O'Callaghan tonight.
The Irish sports star will break his silence on how hard it has been to deal with the string of racially motivated attacks made against him during his whole career, which have escalated over the past number of months.
The former player has faced death threats, a letter bomb campaign and was attacked by a supporter during a Scottish Premier League game against Hearts last May.
Lennon will now be coming to Dublin to talk about his experiences on Saturday Night With Miriam in what she describes as a "bit of a coup."
"He was meant to do the Late Late Show at the end of its run but he couldn't do it, but he's doing my show and he hasn't spoken at all about his experiences. He's a good guest to have on, I would say he's a dream guest," she said.
Now in its third week, her show is pulling in huge ratings for the national broadcaster, with some 510,000 viewers watching her interview with Brendan Gleeson.
She puts its success partly down to the large amount of rainfall we've had this summer and jokes how she's been "praying for rain every Saturday morning".
The broadcaster has also revealed how she's enjoying a staycation at home and is holidaying in Brittas Bay this week.
"I drive up every day to the studios. I don't need holidays that much," she explained.
"I can't afford to go abroad. I know that sounds strange but I'm not flathulach. I have eight kids and it's quite expensive and I've two women that I pay to help me work so that's why I'm not spending all my money."
Irish Community Images
Celtic FC official Social media sites and information

Forum Message Irish Topic Alert

The Irish Community have posted
5 REPLIES TO THIS TOPIC
for logged in members to view.
Back to top  Login here and be redirected to this TopicLogin here and be redirected to this Topic RegisterRegister

Post New Irish Community Message In Sceala Irish Craic Forum    Reply To Irish Community Message About Neil Lennon on Saturday Night with Miriam RTE 1 In Sceala Irish Craic Forum    Irish Forums :: The Irish Message Forums -> Sceala Irish Craic Forum
Page 1 of 1
If Seeking Information About Neil Lennon on Saturday Night with Miriam RTE 1, Try Searching Irish Websites

Related Irish Topics
Irish Business News At A Glance
Ahern calls on EU states to lift restrictions on migrants
Strachan hails Celtic work ethic
Extra work pays off for Nakamura
Lansdowne work to begin in 2007
Username:
Password:

SearchSearch
FAQFAQ

Search For Irish Websites
general Irish Websites search for information about Ireland and the Irish
Irish Websites

Research Irish Ancestors
Specific Irish heritage search engine, search for your Irish family surname roots, find out if your family have a Irish clan organisation.
Irish Websites
Irish Weather
Ireland Weather
Weather in Ireland
Ireland Weather forecast