Irish Forums Message Discussion :: Orange Order's Children's Lodge training bigots

irelandIrish Forums :: The Irish Message Forums Irish Communityireland
Irish Forums :: The Irish Message
Forums About Ireland and the Irish Community, For the Irish home and Abroad. Forums include- Irish Music, Irish History, The Irish Diaspora, Irish Culture, Irish Sports, Astrology, Mystic, Irish Ancestry, Genealogy, Irish Travel, Irish Reunited and Craic

IRISH BARGAINS ONLINE
Search Irish Websitesireland
Irish Forums Bookmark The Irish Community Forums

Orange Order's Children's Lodge training bigots

Orange Order's Children's Lodge training bigots Orange Order's Children's Lodge training bigots Information
Post New Irish Message Discussion In Sceala Irish Craic Forum    Reply To Irish Community Message About Orange Order's Children's Lodge training bigots In Sceala Irish Craic Forum
Irish Forums :: The Irish Message Forums- Sceala Irish Craic Forum- Orange Order's Children's Lodge training bigots
Irish Author Orange Order's Children's Lodge training bigots Sceala Irish Craic Forum Irish Message
Hibernian lass

Irish Forums Member

Sceala Irish Craic Forum Discussion:     Orange Order's Children's Lodge training bigots

Comments from shocked readers.
Reading this should make decent normal people really sad for the child.
This Orange bigotry is child abuse.
Given a uvf plaque by her parents.
Imagine giving your child a plaque of a evil terrorist group. The uvf targeted and murdered innocent Irish people. As their sick saying goes, any Taig will do.

The Orange Order's Children's Lodge - how much sadder can pathetic bigots get than brainwashing innocent children with their sick hate and ignorance!
The Orange Order's Children's Lodge is there for raising bigots
Evil evil orange order and it is about time that Westminster investigated what goes on. The BNP and National Front are linked to these bigots.

Celtic manager Neil Lennon has given evidence at the trial of two men accused of plotting to kill him.

Lennon took the witness box to give evidence at the trial of Trevor Muirhead and Neil McKenzie at the High Court in Glasgow.

Muirhead, 43, from Kilwinning, and McKenzie, 42, from Saltcoats, both Ayrshire, are accused of plotting to kill Mr Lennon, former MSP Trish Godman, the late QC Paul McBride and various members of the Irish Republican group Cairde Na Heireann in Glasgow by sending improvised explosive devices to them.

The charges, all of which are denied by the two men, are alleged to have taken place between March 1 and May 12 2011.

In 25 minutes of testimony, the Hoops boss said being the target of parcel bombs was "very disturbing" and that he "failed to comprehend" the lengths some people go to, particularly as he has a family.

He told the court: "I was made aware that bullets were sent to me in the post in January and there was a bullet sent to the training ground at Lennoxtown at about November or December time."

He added that that he had been told of the parcels by police.

He said: "I was very disturbed. I have a family. I have a young son. I have a partner, a mother and a father. I'm a footballing man. I find it difficult to comprehend the lengths that some people will go to."

Mr Lennon also spoke of the threats that ended his career as a the north of Ireland player.

He told the court: "The first time, a home game in Belfast, as captain of my country. Two policeman said someone had rung the BBC to say: 'If Neil Lennon plays tonight, he's going to get shot'."

Lennon later told the court that he has encountered sectarianism "nearly every week" in his football career.

He also paid an emotional tribute to his close friend and late QC Paul McBride, branding him as one of the "most inspirational" men he had met.

Lennon gave evidence wearing a grey suit and a green and white tie, in front of a packed public gallery.

Mr Niven-Smith asked Lennon about a "tussle" he had with the now-Rangers manager Ally McCoist at a game at Celtic Park.

Lennon replied: "I wouldn't say it was a tussle, an altercation of some sort."

He told the advocate depute that he took exception to the line of questioning.

The court heard that the "altercation" had resulted in both managers being banned from the touchline for a certain number of games.

McCoist appealed against his decision and Lennon said that, to the best of his knowledge, McCoist had been successful.

Lennon's ban ran concurrently with another ban, which he got as a result of an altercation with a fourth official at Tynecastle Stadium during a match against Hearts.

Mr Niven-Smith also asked the Celtic manager about sectarianism and whether or not he had experienced it as a player.

Lennon said: "Nearly every week."

Mr Niven-Smith said: "And as a manager?" Lennon replied: "Yes."

When asked what he and his club thought of sectarianism, Lennon replied: "We abhor it. I think the club tries to do everything they can to stop sectarianism at the club."

Lennon, 40, who grew up in Lurgan, Nothern Ireland, was also asked about "troubles" in his native country.

Mr Niven-Smith said: "The troubles were generally against two different groups, one being the loyalist and the other would be republican?" Lennon agreed.

Mr Niven-Smith went on: "Some people who follow Celtic, which group do they side with?"

Lennon replied: "The Irish Republican side."

Mr Niven-Smith then asked Lennon which side some Rangers fans might affiliate themselves with, to which the manager replied: "I can't speak for Rangers supporters, you'll have to ask them yourself. I can't speak for the majority of Celtic fans either.

"I don't understand the relevance of your questions. I'm not a politician."

'Loyalist background'

The trial had previously heard from the daughter of one of the accused that she grew up with a "Rangers-supporting, Loyalist background".

The jury was shown a picture of Trevor Muirhead’s daughter Gemma's bedroom, which contained two Ulster flags, a UVF plaque and a wall clock with an image of King Billy.

She said the UVF plaque was a present from her parents and she found the clock in the house, and moved it to her bedroom. She also said she had been learning to play the flute and had been a member of the Orange Order's Children's Lodge.

When asked if she had intended to join a flute band, she said there "weren't any for lassies". She also said she had since lost interest in the organisation and in Rangers Football Club.

Forum Message Irish Topic Alert

The Irish Community have posted
4 REPLIES TO THIS TOPIC
for logged in members to view.
Back to top  Login here and be redirected to this TopicLogin here and be redirected to this Topic RegisterRegister

Post New Irish Community Message In Sceala Irish Craic Forum    Reply To Irish Community Message About Orange Order's Children's Lodge training bigots In Sceala Irish Craic Forum    Irish Forums :: The Irish Message Forums -> Sceala Irish Craic Forum
Page 1 of 1
If Seeking Information About Orange Order's Children's Lodge training bigots, Try Searching Irish Websites

Related Irish Topics
Irish speakers get on better in life in Ireland
UFOs in Ireland
Cian O'Connor Wins Gold Medal For Ireland
Ireland to get Gold in the Olympics
All Ireland Time
Orange Order's Children's Lodge training bigots
Username:
Password:

SearchSearch
FAQFAQ

Search For Irish Websites
general Irish Websites search for information about Ireland and the Irish
Irish Websites

Research Irish Ancestors
Specific Irish heritage search engine, search for your Irish family surname roots, find out if your family have a Irish clan organisation.
Irish Websites
Irish Weather
Ireland Weather
Weather in Ireland
Ireland Weather forecast