Irish Forums Message Discussion :: English do not support Ireland in sport. Ignorant myth

irelandIrish Forums :: The Irish Message Forums Irish Communityireland
Irish Forums :: The Irish Message
Forums About Ireland and the Irish Community, For the Irish home and Abroad. Forums include- Irish Music, Irish History, The Irish Diaspora, Irish Culture, Irish Sports, Astrology, Mystic, Irish Ancestry, Genealogy, Irish Travel, Irish Reunited and Craic

Search Irish Websitesireland
Irish Forums Bookmark The Irish Community Forums

English do not support Ireland in sport. Ignorant myth

English do not support Ireland in sport.  Ignorant myth English do not support Ireland in sport.  Ignorant myth Information
Post New Irish Message Discussion In Sceala Irish Craic Forum    Reply To Irish Community Message About English do not support Ireland in sport.  Ignorant myth In Sceala Irish Craic Forum
Irish Forums :: The Irish Message Forums- Sceala Irish Craic Forum- English do not support Ireland in sport. Ignorant myth
Irish Author English do not support Ireland in sport. Ignorant myth Sceala Irish Craic Forum Irish Message
Boyle Bru

Sceala Philosopher

Sceala Irish Craic Forum Discussion:     English do not support Ireland in sport. Ignorant myth

An often repeated myth is that the English generally support the Irish and Ireland in soccer world cups, when they are not Playing England.
This is a lie, a cliché myth based on ignorance.

Yes it is true that you will witness support for Irish sports in most cities in England, soccer to rugby to you name it, and you will often be able to witness significant support for Ireland.

Some of the most ignorant of Engerland fans use this reality of England of Britain as supposed proof of how fair they are!

Saddened English fans remarking "we support You, but you don't support us" this nonsense is even repeated by some ignorant Irish individuals and bias media journalists such as the orange ultra british cartoon ruth Dudley Edwards.

What these ignorant English fans are either oblivious to or are selectively choosing to ignore is the wee fact that there are Millions of Irish ancestry in England and all over Britain, as many as 1 in 4 claim some Irish ancestry. that is 24% of the population.

I know from being born and raised here that I am far from alone in considering myself Irish, not English or british and never will consider myself as anything else.

I know many like me in my circle of work and school friends. I do accept that more would lkely consider themselves as Irish English, like Morrisey or the lads from Oasis or most the Beatles or Elvis Costello etc.., not an exaggeration to state the supposed brit music culture would be very weak without borrowings from the Irish and West Indian emigrant influences.

So yes of course you will see in England and all over Britain people who will be in pubs and clubs and on the streets cheering for Irish sports, simply because there are so many Irish in England and Britain.
Nothing to do with English good nature or will!
On the contrary make the mistake of going to a rural backwater like parts of Dorset or Somerset or a similar minority of places where few Irish wisely thought to settle and those that did had to keep even more silent because of past extremes of anti irish racism, and you will see few supporting Ireland, there you are much more likely to witness as I have first hand, ignorant fat bellied slobs mouthing bog trotters at the tv or singing their simpleton no surrender to the IRA moronic chants, We are all real sure that not any of these slobs would consider to go on their own and dare chant any such (what are really anti Irish) chants or remarks (seen as the IRA disbanded years before these morons came up with the bravado chant!")
Not a one would go on their own down the Falls Road for example! No chance all mouth and overloaded guts of fat, same as shown when so few just families showed up in Russia, until they were certain it was safe, evcn Panama from a different continent outnumbered them.

Anti Irish abuse and sectarian ignorance is what you would actually much more likely hear from an English fan at any Irish sports team, screaming it bravely and quite insanely at the tv when Irish football or Rugby teams happen by chance to be on their grotty pubs portable tv.

So let's forget the pretence bull$hit myth of English supporting Ireland in anything.

It is the Millions of Irish in Britain who support Ireland sporting teams and events.

Not the English, and specifically not the typical engerland soccer fan.
Quote:
One in four Britons claim to have Irish background, a survey suggests.

14 million Britons or 24% of the population will have more than a passing interest in the St Patrick's Day festivities or Irish sporting events

Almost half (42%) of those in the 18-34 category claim to have Irish ancestry.

In London where more than three-quarters (77%) claim to have Irish roots

ICM Research, 2001 (note long before even prospect of Brexit so people were not claiming so in order to obtain an Irish passport)

Update FIFA are investigating england moronic abusive No surrender chants heard at last nights loss to Croatia.
Told you!

Forum Message Irish Topic Alert

The Irish Community have posted
5 REPLIES TO THIS TOPIC
for logged in members to view.
Back to top  Login here and be redirected to this TopicLogin here and be redirected to this Topic RegisterRegister

Post New Irish Community Message In Sceala Irish Craic Forum    Reply To Irish Community Message About English do not support Ireland in sport.  Ignorant myth In Sceala Irish Craic Forum    Irish Forums :: The Irish Message Forums -> Sceala Irish Craic Forum
Page 1 of 1
If Seeking Information About English do not support Ireland in sport. Ignorant myth, Try Searching Irish Websites

Related Irish Topics
Irish Business News At A Glance
Ahern calls on EU states to lift restrictions on migrants
Strachan hails Celtic work ethic
Extra work pays off for Nakamura
Lansdowne work to begin in 2007
English do not support Ireland in sport.  Ignorant myth
Username:
Password:

SearchSearch
FAQFAQ

Search For Irish Websites
general Irish Websites search for information about Ireland and the Irish
Irish Websites

Research Irish Ancestors
Specific Irish heritage search engine, search for your Irish family surname roots, find out if your family have a Irish clan organisation.
Irish Websites
Irish Weather
Ireland Weather
Weather in Ireland
Ireland Weather forecast