Irish Forums Message Discussion :: Only The Lonely

irelandIrish Forums :: The Irish Message Forums Irish Communityireland
Irish Forums :: The Irish Message
Forums About Ireland and the Irish Community, For the Irish home and Abroad. Forums include- Irish Music, Irish History, The Irish Diaspora, Irish Culture, Irish Sports, Astrology, Mystic, Irish Ancestry, Genealogy, Irish Travel, Irish Reunited and Craic

Search Irish Websitesireland
Irish Forums Bookmark The Irish Community Forums

Only The Lonely

Only The Lonely Only The Lonely Information
Post New Irish Message Discussion In Irish Films    Reply To Irish Community Message About Only The Lonely In Irish Films
Irish Forums :: The Irish Message Forums- Irish Films- Only The Lonely
Irish Author Only The Lonely Irish Films Irish Message
Finn

Irish Films Discussion:     Only The Lonely

This is a good John Candy movie with Irish themes I mentioned before
Irish Community Images

It is a good light hearted film and John Candy who was passionate about his Irish roots (good enough for me) to even have his burial have conditions. He was a funny man and died too young as his gentle but funny comedy films along with the likes of Dan Ackroyd were a bit of a golden era and there has not been many decent ones since his death in my opinion.

Irish Movies Reviews:

Only The Lonely Film Review: I'm Glad That They Have Finally Put This Movie On DVD!
Comment: Only The Lonely is a good romantic comedy type movie that has a great cast that includes, John Candy, Ally Sheedy, Maureen O'Hara, Anthony Quinn and Milo O'Shea. The movie is about a Irish American cop who lives in Boston with his over bearing overly opinionated mother and he falls in love with a woman who is mother doesn't like. This is a cute movie and I'm glad that they finally have put it on DVD.

Only The Lonely Film Review: I'm Glad They Have Finally Put This Movie On DVD!
Comment: Only The Lonely is a good romantic comedy type movie that has a great cast that includes, John Candy, Ally Sheedy, Maureen O'Hara, Anthony Quinn and Milo O'Shea. The movie is about a Irish American cop who lives in Boston with his over bearing overly opinionated mother and he falls in love with a woman who is mother doesn't like. This is a cute movie and I'm glad thaht they finally have put it on DVD.

Only The Lonely Film Review: Finally a real love story....
Comment: With so many romance movies coming out, most of them based on a false love (money and/or lust)...it's refreshing to see a movie where the only thing the two characters love is each other. Neither character has much to offer...other than themselves...and that turns out to be enough. Throw in an intrusive mother for a little humor, and this movie has it all. Highly recommended. If you like this movie, you will probably also like "The Mirror Has Two Faces"

Only The Lonely Film Review: Candy's Finest Hour
Comment: In John Candy's short but prolific film career he made few films that were up to his prodigious talents. This is the best of the bunch. There is no debating that Candy was up to the light-hearted comedy demanded of him in his role as affable Chicago cop Danny Muldoon. Candy was also more than capable of delivering on the dramatic elements in this story of a 38 year-old man finding love for the first time. Credit that to that to the capable direction of Chris Columbus and his knowing script. Candy also gets to play with some first class pros and I think that upped his game. Maureen O'Hara was lost none of her star appeal in her golden years as Danny's demanding mother. This role could have been played as a stereotype but O'Hara injects complexity and, yes, sympathy for her character. Ally Sheedy may also have had the best role of her career as Theresa, the introverted funeral home cosmetologist who is the object of Danny's affection. Anthony Quinn also delivers an amusing turn as Danny's neighbor who burns the torch for his mother. This film is an unqualified heartwarming success.

Only The Lonely Film Review: Just telling it like it is...
Comment: It's great that "Only The Lonely" is being re-released. For a while it had been OOP. This is one of John Candy's best roles. I recommend getting it as soon as it's available. I know I will...I'm just telling it like it is!

Editorial Reviews:

Danny, a cop, meets and falls in love with Theresa. They get engaged, despite sneaking around behind his mother's back, but when push comes to shove, he can't quite quit worrying about his mother long enough to be any kind of lover to Theresa.

Post New Irish Community Message In Irish Films    Reply To Irish Community Message About Only The Lonely In Irish Films    Irish Forums :: The Irish Message Forums -> Irish Films
Page 1 of 1
If Seeking Information About Only The Lonely, Try Searching Irish Websites

Related Irish Topics
british crown behind extremists terrorists Ireland & Ukraine
Who was the genius behind this
Wexford county board rally behind Forde
Jordan gets behind Ireland's WRC bid
The Truth Behind The Man
Only The Lonely
Username:
Password:

SearchSearch
FAQFAQ

Search For Irish Websites
general Irish Websites search for information about Ireland and the Irish
Irish Websites

Research Irish Ancestors
Specific Irish heritage search engine, search for your Irish family surname roots, find out if your family have a Irish clan organisation.
Irish Websites
Irish Weather
Ireland Weather
Weather in Ireland
Ireland Weather forecast