Irish Forums Message Discussion :: Tyrone fotball GAA stripped of McKenna Cup

irelandIrish Forums :: The Irish Message Forums Irish Communityireland
Irish Forums :: The Irish Message
Forums About Ireland and the Irish Community, For the Irish home and Abroad. Forums include- Irish Music, Irish History, The Irish Diaspora, Irish Culture, Irish Sports, Astrology, Mystic, Irish Ancestry, Genealogy, Irish Travel, Irish Reunited and Craic

Search Irish Websitesireland
Irish Forums Bookmark The Irish Community Forums

Tyrone fotball GAA stripped of McKenna Cup

Tyrone fotball GAA stripped of McKenna Cup Tyrone fotball GAA stripped of McKenna Cup Information
Post New Irish Message Discussion In Irish Sports News    Reply To Irish Community Message About Tyrone fotball GAA stripped of McKenna Cup In Irish Sports News
Irish Forums :: The Irish Message Forums- Irish Sports News- Tyrone fotball GAA stripped of McKenna Cup
Irish Author Tyrone fotball GAA stripped of McKenna Cup Irish Sports News Irish Message
GAA News

Irish Sports News Discussion:     Tyrone fotball GAA stripped of McKenna Cup

County Tyrone must hand back the McKenna Cup after the Ulster Council found they broke competition rules in the final against Donegal last month. The controversy arose after Tyrone played two students in the decider, neither of whom who among the 15 on the teamsheet. The council found that the teamsheet didn't comply with the rule: "The first 15 names appearing on a list shall be taken as constituting the actual team". Under the rules the "failure to provide a list of players as specified" is "forfeiture of game, without award for the opposing team, or a fine, depending on the circumstances"

Tyrone beat Donegal 2-9 to 0-5 in the final at Healy Park on 17 February.

The county had points deducted for fielding four university players against Derry in the group stage of the competition. Red Hands boss Mickey Harte remains defiant in his stance that college players should be able to play for their counties in the McKenna Cup. "I'm more disappointed than surprised by this decision. Given the competition was complete and the final didn't involve any of the colleges I thought the the degree of controversy which had existed was not there. We're all big enough in the association to put this behind us and I hope common sense prevails. "I've no regrets - the players wanted to try out for Tyrone and I think it is good for their careers at their colleges and with the county. I think it's every player's right to give their best for his county when the opportunity presents itself." He added: "I'm going to talk to the administrators in the county. If they feel there is a case to appeal then I've no doubt they'll do it. We're all big enough in the association to put this behind us and I hope common sense prevails, that perhaps this decision can be overturned and maybe we can get things sorted for next year. I wouldn't give up hope on it yet - it is a bad looking situation but we've been in places before that have been able to be rectified and I'm sure this can be too."

Post New Irish Community Message In Irish Sports News    Reply To Irish Community Message About Tyrone fotball GAA stripped of McKenna Cup In Irish Sports News    Irish Forums :: The Irish Message Forums -> Irish Sports News
Page 1 of 1
If Seeking Information About Tyrone fotball GAA stripped of McKenna Cup, Try Searching Irish Websites

Related Irish Topics
Fine Gael proposition for banking crisis - Cowen and NAMA
Fine Gael Labour coalition experienced in corruption
Enda kenny silence says it all about Fine Gael
Lt Col Ret'd Harvey Bicker joins Fine Fael
Irish Newspaper must pay fine for bad review
Tyrone fotball GAA stripped of McKenna Cup
Username:
Password:

SearchSearch
FAQFAQ

Search For Irish Websites
general Irish Websites search for information about Ireland and the Irish
Irish Websites

Research Irish Ancestors
Specific Irish heritage search engine, search for your Irish family surname roots, find out if your family have a Irish clan organisation.
Irish Websites
Irish Weather
Ireland Weather
Weather in Ireland
Ireland Weather forecast