Irish Forums Message Discussion :: Elizabeth Taylor Richard Burton Celtic Fans party

irelandIrish Forums :: The Irish Message Forums Irish Communityireland
Irish Forums :: The Irish Message
Forums About Ireland and the Irish Community, For the Irish home and Abroad. Forums include- Irish Music, Irish History, The Irish Diaspora, Irish Culture, Irish Sports, Astrology, Mystic, Irish Ancestry, Genealogy, Irish Travel, Irish Reunited and Craic

Irish News
Search Irish Websitesireland
Irish Forums Bookmark The Irish Community Forums

Elizabeth Taylor Richard Burton Celtic Fans party

Elizabeth Taylor Richard Burton Celtic Fans party Elizabeth Taylor Richard Burton Celtic Fans party Information
Post New Irish Message Discussion In Sceala Irish Craic Forum    Reply To Irish Community Message About Elizabeth Taylor Richard Burton Celtic Fans party In Sceala Irish Craic Forum
Irish Forums :: The Irish Message Forums- Sceala Irish Craic Forum- Elizabeth Taylor Richard Burton Celtic Fans party
Irish Author Elizabeth Taylor Richard Burton Celtic Fans party Sceala Irish Craic Forum Irish Message
Terniog2

Sceala Philosopher

Sceala Irish Craic Forum Discussion:     Elizabeth Taylor Richard Burton Celtic Fans party

Great photo of Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton having a party with Celtic Fans back in 1972.
Richard Burton must have been some man for a party, Burton put the equivelant of £21,000 behind the bar for Celtic fans to party on.
Irish Community Images
Liz Taylor has a special place in the hearts of Celtic fans
As the world mourns the loss of a screen icon, a few Scots have more reason than most
Golden pair: Burton and Taylor with the Celtic fans
The death of Dame Elizabeth Taylor has been especially painful to a group of Celtic fans. They are the supporters who enjoyed a magical night in 1972 with the star and her then husband Richard Burton.
They were the Parkhead faithful who travelled to Budapest to see Celtic take on Upjest Dozsa.
Despite a performance Jock Stein called the best since Lisbon, Celtic were given a 3-0 thumping.
But the downhearted fans who headed back to the International Hotel to drown their sorrows were in for a surprise.
International movie star Richard Burton and his glamorous wife Elizabeth Taylor were also staying in the hotel while he filmed Bluebeard.
The pair’s reputation for enjoying a lively evening were not unfounded and neither were claims of their generosity.
Burton said: “You guys can eat and drink 'til you burst.” And he put £2,000 behind the bar for them (£21,000 in today’s money).
The Hollywood royalty spent the evening swilling Champagne and scoffing caviar with the football fans, soon taking their minds of the defeat.

The newspapers found the wee Celtic man in this photo
Irish Community Images
A Celtic fan who charmed Elizabeth Taylor as a schoolboy says he is still to meet another woman who compares to her.
Sean McKenna was a cheeky 10 year old when he won a kiss from the screen icon after meeting her on a trip to see Celtic play in Budapest.
He still treasures the snapshot showing him with Elizabeth, who died last week, and then husband Richard Burton as they hold Celtic scarves and wear supporters' hats at a lavish party the couple threw for fans celebrating a European win in Hungary.
And after being tracked down by the Sunday Mail, Sean was happy to relive his memories of his unforgettable trip in March 1972.
And the Hollywood superstar planted a kiss on Sean's cheek when he handed her a bouquet of flowers.
Now 49, Sean, from Wishaw in Lanarkshire, insists she is still the most beautiful woman he has ever met.
He said: "I have never really found any woman as nice as her since, well looks wise anyway. When she came in with Richard Burton I have to admit I didn't have an inkling who they were. I had never really heard of them. But she was beautiful and everyone was making a fuss so I thought it was someone getting married. I was handed a bouquet of flowers and told to give them to the lady. It was a big corridor of folk all staring and I handed them over. She smiled at me and leaned down and kissed me on both cheeks. What I remember most is the smell of her, her perfume. It was fantastic. After she kissed me I remember looking up at her and just wondering who she was, she was so glamorous."
Sean McKenna
Irish Community Images

Forum Message Irish Topic Alert

The Irish Community have posted
4 REPLIES TO THIS TOPIC
for logged in members to view.
Back to top  Login here and be redirected to this TopicLogin here and be redirected to this Topic RegisterRegister

Post New Irish Community Message In Sceala Irish Craic Forum    Reply To Irish Community Message About Elizabeth Taylor Richard Burton Celtic Fans party In Sceala Irish Craic Forum    Irish Forums :: The Irish Message Forums -> Sceala Irish Craic Forum
Page 1 of 1
If Seeking Information About Elizabeth Taylor Richard Burton Celtic Fans party, Try Searching Irish Websites

Related Irish Topics
What is the most beautiful county in Ireland. County Sligo.
Wexford county board rally behind Forde
Jordan gets behind Ireland's WRC bid
The Truth Behind The Man
The Kilnamona story
Elizabeth Taylor Richard Burton Celtic Fans party
Username:
Password:

SearchSearch
FAQFAQ

Search For Irish Websites
general Irish Websites search for information about Ireland and the Irish
Irish Websites

Research Irish Ancestors
Specific Irish heritage search engine, search for your Irish family surname roots, find out if your family have a Irish clan organisation.
Irish Websites
Irish Weather
Ireland Weather
Weather in Ireland
Ireland Weather forecast