Irish Forums Message Discussion :: Protestors try to storm leinster house dail

irelandIrish Forums :: The Irish Message Forums Irish Communityireland
Irish Forums :: The Irish Message
Forums About Ireland and the Irish Community, For the Irish home and Abroad. Forums include- Irish Music, Irish History, The Irish Diaspora, Irish Culture, Irish Sports, Astrology, Mystic, Irish Ancestry, Genealogy, Irish Travel, Irish Reunited and Craic

Irish News
Search Irish Websitesireland
Irish Forums Bookmark The Irish Community Forums

Protestors try to storm leinster house dail

Protestors try to storm leinster house dail Protestors try to storm leinster house dail Information
Post New Irish Message Discussion In Sceala Irish Craic Forum    Reply To Irish Community Message About Protestors try to storm leinster house dail In Sceala Irish Craic Forum
Irish Forums :: The Irish Message Forums- Sceala Irish Craic Forum- Protestors try to storm leinster house dail
Irish Author Protestors try to storm leinster house dail Sceala Irish Craic Forum Irish Message
Sean

Sceala Clann Counsellor

Sceala Irish Craic Forum Discussion:     Protestors try to storm leinster house dail

Is this the start of the irish getting angry with all the corruption that has gone on.
i do not understand how the finance markets work at all, do not want to know really. find it all very boring.
one thing i could not understand even if i tried is, where have all the billions gone? not just in ireland, but all over the world, most nations seem to have bailed out banks and greedy property speculators and their partners in crime. some people must have got very rich on all this.
is this right, or am i being too simple.
is violent protest the answer to all this. the old age pensioners got their way without resorting to violence.
Dublin Protest March to Dail

Irish Community Video

We are not Greek

Irish Community Video

Protestors attempt to storm Dail
An attempt was made last night to storm the Dail but protestors failed to breach security measures at the gate.
Around 100 people marched to Kildare Street in protest at the Government's plans to inject billions of euro into the country's banks.
This march was organised by the Right to Work Campaign and began last night at the Garden of Remembrance off O'Connell Street.
It made its way through the city to the Dail where a rally was to be held, when a small number of people tried to storm through the gates.
They were kept back by gardai who had to draw their batons.
Gardai said one officer received a minor facial injury during the scuffle.
In a statement last night the Houses of the Oireachtas said the incident in no way impinged on the business or workings of the Dail or Government.
examiner.ie
Gardai bring out batons as breakaway protesters try to storm Leinster House
By Brendan Farrelly
Gardai were forced to use batons last night as a group of protesters tried to break through the gates of Leinster House.
It happened at around 8.50pm when a 500-strong group from the Right to Work campaign marched from Parnell Square in Dublin to the Dail.
A breakaway group of 100 made a charge at the gates in an attempt to break into the grounds of Leinster House.
Scuffles broke out as gardai blocked the attempt and drew their batons.
At least three people were injured in the melee but they were not seriously hurt. Gardai were successful and the gates were then locked, as was the main door of the building.

Inspector John Keenan from Pearse Street station, who was directing the operation, said: "There was a lot of violent shoving. I told them to draw batons and keep them out."
People Before Profits Alliance spokesman Richard Boyd Barrett said there had been a "bit of a scuffle" at the entrance to the Dail.
"I don't think there was anything terribly malign about what went on. One or two protesters got a wallop over the head from the gardai, and I saw a woman with blood in her hair."
He said that the organisers had asked people to return next week for another protest.
The Right to Work Campaign, which organised the demonstration, said it was in protest at the bailout of the banks.
- Brendan Farrelly
Irish Independent

Forum Message Irish Topic Alert

The Irish Community have posted
5 REPLIES TO THIS TOPIC
for logged in members to view.
Back to top  Login here and be redirected to this TopicLogin here and be redirected to this Topic RegisterRegister

Post New Irish Community Message In Sceala Irish Craic Forum    Reply To Irish Community Message About Protestors try to storm leinster house dail In Sceala Irish Craic Forum    Irish Forums :: The Irish Message Forums -> Sceala Irish Craic Forum
Page 1 of 1
If Seeking Information About Protestors try to storm leinster house dail, Try Searching Irish Websites

Related Irish Topics
Irish Business News At A Glance
Ahern calls on EU states to lift restrictions on migrants
Strachan hails Celtic work ethic
Extra work pays off for Nakamura
Lansdowne work to begin in 2007
Protestors try to storm leinster house dail
Username:
Password:

SearchSearch
FAQFAQ

Search For Irish Websites
general Irish Websites search for information about Ireland and the Irish
Irish Websites

Research Irish Ancestors
Specific Irish heritage search engine, search for your Irish family surname roots, find out if your family have a Irish clan organisation.
Irish Websites
Irish Weather
Ireland Weather
Weather in Ireland
Ireland Weather forecast