Irish Forums Message Discussion :: Big Wheel Dublin open.

irelandIrish Forums :: The Irish Message Forums Irish Communityireland
Irish Forums :: The Irish Message
Forums About Ireland and the Irish Community, For the Irish home and Abroad. Forums include- Irish Music, Irish History, The Irish Diaspora, Irish Culture, Irish Sports, Astrology, Mystic, Irish Ancestry, Genealogy, Irish Travel, Irish Reunited and Craic

Search Irish Websitesireland
Irish Forums Bookmark The Irish Community Forums

Big Wheel Dublin open.

Big Wheel Dublin open. Big Wheel Dublin open. Information
Post New Irish Message Discussion In Sceala Irish Craic Forum    Reply To Irish Community Message About Big Wheel Dublin open. In Sceala Irish Craic Forum
Irish Forums :: The Irish Message Forums- Sceala Irish Craic Forum- Big Wheel Dublin open.
Irish Author Big Wheel Dublin open. Sceala Irish Craic Forum Irish Message
dedubjimmy

Sceala Clann T.D.

Sceala Irish Craic Forum Discussion:     Big Wheel Dublin open.

Irish Community Images
Harry Crosbie Big Wheel Dublin.
R Seanio going 2 go up Dubs new big wheel.
Get ready for the Dublin Docklands revolution as Big Wheel Dublin opens.
The big wheel is ready to open on Saturday and will offer unrivalled views of Dublin and Wicklow Mountains.

Harry Crosbie dreamed up the Docklands schemeExcitement is mounting ahead of the launch of the Wheel of Dublin on Saturday.
The wheel is set to be Ireland's answer to the London Eye and will give unparalleled views of the city and Wicklow mountains.
On Saturday from 10am to 10pm, tourists and locals will be able to enjoy the 60-metre ferris wheel, brainchild of businessman Harry Crosbie.
He has revealed details of the venture, which cost around €10m. It will feature 21 pods with eight seats.
WEDDINGS on the Big wheel
There will also be VIP pods for special occasions such as birthdays or weddings. The €9 fare promises revellers 13 minutes of "unrivalled views" of the capital.
The wheel will be joined by an outdoor performance area and markets and Mr Crosbie expects the market to be the country's biggest with 150 stalls and to host free lunchtime rock shows.
"It will combine the attractions of the world's busiest concert venue of its size, a market to rival Covent Garden and a unique tourist attraction in the big wheel," said Mr Crosbie. According to his planning application, the structure will remain in place for up to four years.
But Mr Crosbie's wheel may face competition from another proposed attraction. Developer Barry Boland is planning a
cable car project for the River Liffey. Ampitheatre Ireland Ltd and Dublin Docklands Development Authority fought the wheel.
Dublin big wheel
A 60-metre high observation wheel was unveiled this morning in Dublin by developer Harry Crosbie.
The 350-ton Wheel of Dublin, next to the O2 in Dublin’s Docklands, is nearing completion and will be open to visitors from Saturday morning, Mr Crosbie said.
With 42 enclosed capsules, the wheel will have a capacity of 336, with each person paying €9 for the 13-minute trip.
Approximately half the height of the London Eye, it will offer 360 degree views of the capital and its coastline from the top.
Made in the Netherlands, it will be operated by World Tourist Attractions and will be wheelchair accessible.
Mr Crosbie said the views from the top of the wheel would be unparalleled and it would help draw visitors to Dublin down to the Point Village. Development of the village had been slower than originally planned because of the recession, he said. It had been “incredibly difficult” but they had managed to keep going because they did not owe too much money.
“We hope the wheel will be a great attraction for the summer,” he said.
irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2010/0727/breaking50.html
Has Belfast's Big Wheel rolled into Dublin?
It stands 60 metres high, offers unparalleled views across Dublin and is the newest addition to the city’s skyline.
The new Dublin Wheel — which looks suspicously like the old Belfast Wheel which departed the city skyline in April — is also the centrepiece of a new Point Village development dreamed up by developer Harry Crosbie.
However there’s one local resident who wouldn’t dream of getting on it — Harry himself.
“Will I be going up on it? I certainly will not.
“I have vertigo so I won’t be going on it. Anyway, I’m far too old and need to protect my looks,” Mr Crosbie said at the launch yesterday.
But after some gentle goading from reporters, it seemed as if the 65-year would change his mind.
“Maybe I could be convinced if I could find a couple of very beautiful women to come with me,” he conceded before adding: “You’re in an enclosed capsule up there, so there’s no danger of falling out.”
The property developer hopes to get two years out of the ‘Wheel Of Dublin’, which cost between €8m and €10m (£6.7m-£8.3m) on which visitors can enjoy sky-high views of Dublin from next Saturday at a cost of €8 (£6.70) person for the 13-minute trip.
Get ready for the Dublin Docklands revolution as Big Wheel Dublin opens.

Forum Message Irish Topic Alert

The Irish Community have posted
15 REPLIES TO THIS TOPIC
for logged in members to view.
Back to top  Login here and be redirected to this TopicLogin here and be redirected to this Topic RegisterRegister

Post New Irish Community Message In Sceala Irish Craic Forum    Reply To Irish Community Message About Big Wheel Dublin open. In Sceala Irish Craic Forum    Irish Forums :: The Irish Message Forums -> Sceala Irish Craic Forum
Page 1 of 2
If Seeking Information About Big Wheel Dublin open., Try Searching Irish Websites

Related Irish Topics
Can people change
Eircom League clubs vote for change
Johnson suspended as rules change
Kerry make just one change for final
Galway make just one positional change
Big Wheel Dublin open.
Username:
Password:

SearchSearch
FAQFAQ

Search For Irish Websites
general Irish Websites search for information about Ireland and the Irish
Irish Websites

Research Irish Ancestors
Specific Irish heritage search engine, search for your Irish family surname roots, find out if your family have a Irish clan organisation.
Irish Websites
Irish Weather
Ireland Weather
Weather in Ireland
Ireland Weather forecast