Irish Forums Message Discussion :: Neil Lennon cupping ears to anti Irish racism in Scotland

irelandIrish Forums :: The Irish Message Forums Irish Communityireland
Irish Forums :: The Irish Message
Forums About Ireland and the Irish Community, For the Irish home and Abroad. Forums include- Irish Music, Irish History, The Irish Diaspora, Irish Culture, Irish Sports, Astrology, Mystic, Irish Ancestry, Genealogy, Irish Travel, Irish Reunited and Craic

Irish News
Search Irish Websitesireland
Irish Forums Bookmark The Irish Community Forums

Neil Lennon cupping ears to anti Irish racism in Scotland

Neil Lennon cupping ears to anti Irish racism in Scotland Neil Lennon cupping ears to anti Irish racism in Scotland Information
Post New Irish Message Discussion In Sceala Irish Craic Forum    Reply To Irish Community Message About Neil Lennon cupping ears to anti Irish racism in Scotland In Sceala Irish Craic Forum
Irish Forums :: The Irish Message Forums- Sceala Irish Craic Forum- Neil Lennon cupping ears to anti Irish racism in Scotland
Irish Author Neil Lennon cupping ears to anti Irish racism in Scotland Sceala Irish Craic Forum Irish Message
Babs Hamilton

Sceala Clann T.D.

Sceala Irish Craic Forum Discussion:     Neil Lennon cupping ears to anti Irish racism in Scotland

Quote:
"How does it feel to live in fear" was one despicable chant of Rangers fans to Neil lennon. Constant booing and hissing by Rangers fans at Neil Lennon.
Neil Lennon took the bait, but he was clever in response.
He never shouted back, he cupped his ears to ask the viewing public to listen and witness the anti Irish and sectarian chants. Neil Lennon was very subtle in asking the world - where were the SPL promised snatch arrests for sectarian and racist chants. In the UK being anti Irish is so endemic, and especially so in Scotland, they would struggle to even recognize their racism.

I never saw this incident, but it would not surprise me if this was the case. You can only take so much abuse before you bite back.
I studied for a year in Glasgow University, Scotland.
Does anti Irish racism exist in Scotland?
If you are Irish and have ever been to Scotland, you would not need to ask the question.
I had to endure anti Irish racism from Scottish and British people on a regular basis. Spat at, called a fenian bastard for no reason other than my Irish accent.
Scotland's racism problem can not be dismissed as coming from a ignorant minority, many of the racists I experienced were well educated, from a privileged background.
I have traveled the world since studying in Scotland, and have never witnessed such inbred anti-Irish racism and ignorance as in Scotland.
The adverts we see on tv to visit Scotland.
I would never go back to Scotland for any reason. So the racists won in my instance, sad but why should anyone have to put up with it in this day and age.
Totally agree with this opinion in today's newspaper.

Anti Irish racism in Scotland
Scottish Church helped foment anti-Irish racism
It has taken death threats to Neil Lennon and other Celtic players and supporters to break the silence that usually hides Scotland's sectarian problem.

In 2006, when Uefa first investigated Rangers for sectarian singing, it concluded that it could not punish the club as there was a peculiar acceptance of sectarianism in Scotland.

In my experience, most sectarianism in our country could be better described as anti-Irish racism, and has been with us for a long time.
The high-water mark came in the years between the world wars when the Church of Scotland annually approved committee reports demanding the repatriation of the racially inferior Roman Catholic Irish.
Scots RCs escaped this proposed ethnic cleansing, as did Irish Protestants, whom one church report described thus: 'They are of the same race as ourselves and of the same faith and are readily assimilated to the Scottish population.'
This agenda was preached from pulpits for many decades.

The Church showed little remorse for its part in dividing society until 2002, when it admitted that its policies was 'racism akin to the "rivers of blood" speech of Enoch Powell in the 1960s'.

People like me who complain of anti-Irish racism - such as racist singing by Rangers fans - to the authorities are treated to platitudes about football sectarianism, which ignore the word 'racist'.
As this residual racist problem was initially caused by the Church of Scotland and the Government, they should fix it.
Tom Minogue
Dunfermline
Neil Lennon Reactions after Rangers vs Celtic 24-4-11
Irish Community Images
Neil Lennon cupping ears to anti Irish racism and sectarian chants in Scotland.

Forum Message Irish Topic Alert

The Irish Community have posted
7 REPLIES TO THIS TOPIC
for logged in members to view.
Back to top  Login here and be redirected to this TopicLogin here and be redirected to this Topic RegisterRegister

Post New Irish Community Message In Sceala Irish Craic Forum    Reply To Irish Community Message About Neil Lennon cupping ears to anti Irish racism in Scotland In Sceala Irish Craic Forum    Irish Forums :: The Irish Message Forums -> Sceala Irish Craic Forum
Page 1 of 1
If Seeking Information About Neil Lennon cupping ears to anti Irish racism in Scotland, Try Searching Irish Websites

Related Irish Topics
Tesco agree to bigots demands.
United feel Madrid offer is Ruud
St Pat's agree not to terminate O'Byrne's contract
Cabinet set to agree to end Groceries Order
Need some help with Gaelic phrases!
Neil Lennon cupping ears to anti Irish racism in Scotland
Username:
Password:

SearchSearch
FAQFAQ

Search For Irish Websites
general Irish Websites search for information about Ireland and the Irish
Irish Websites

Research Irish Ancestors
Specific Irish heritage search engine, search for your Irish family surname roots, find out if your family have a Irish clan organisation.
Irish Websites
Irish Weather
Ireland Weather
Weather in Ireland
Ireland Weather forecast